Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I need my coffee!!!!

*** UPDATE***
If you live in the Philippines I have some good news for you. A very observant reader has reported that this coffee maker is for sale at Greenhills, in the computer department of all places. If you have been in the Philippines this will not really surprice you though. Price? PHP1,900. Not bad! And, no, it is not a pirated version, it's the real thing. Thanks for the tip Paulie!

Does living in the jungle mean that I can't have good coffee??? A lot of people use a french press/plunger for their coffee, since that is a power saving option. But, if you are like me it just doesn't quite cut it. That's why I was excited to present this bit of news to all you jungle living coffee lovers out there. The Aerobie (yes it is the frisbee manufacturer) AeroPress.



It basically makes an espresso, which you of course can make into an americano. And, since most coffee based drinks start out as an espresso you can really get creative here; lattes, cappuchinos, mochas... your imagination is the only limitation!

Not only does this make as good coffee as your good old coffee maker at home, it is actually BETTER! Click on the link to read the whole review: "The Aeropress works and is really fun and makes terrific cup of coffee. We really enjoyed using it and will continue to use it."

And, to top it all, you can get it for as low as around USD 25, and the filters are reasonable too.

In the next month or so I will be buying one for myself, and I will share my thoughts on it here.

More info: http://www.aerobie.com/Products/aeropress.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment